Thank you for writing in to The Straits Times Forum and kindly
note our policy on exclusivity (Rule No. 2)
This acknowledgement does not require a reply.
1. Please include your full name (as in IC), your address and
2. Letters must be original, unpublished on any platform
(including social media) and meant for publication only in The
3. Unless advised, Forum exclusivity lapses if we do not
contact you within five working days of receiving your letter,
and it will not be published. This five-day period applies
only to the period that we contact you; it does not apply to
publication. If your letter is under consideration for
publication, it may be published outside of this five-day
4. Letters should be no longer than 400 words. Letters to
"Your Letters" in The Sunday Times should be no
longer than 300 words each.
5. Published letters will state the contributor's name.
Pseudonyms will not be accepted.
6. Where possible, do include links to your sources, for
7. Except in special circumstances, we accept only one
signatory per organisation, and only one signatory for
8. The Forum editor reserves the right to edit a letter.
9. Official replies must reach firstname.lastname@example.org
noon if they are to be considered for publication the next
10. For security reasons, attachments will not be opened.
Kindly write your letter or reply in the e-mail.
11. For women, please indicate Miss, Ms, Mrs or Madam.
12. For Youth Forum (age 21 or below), please include your age
and educational level.
13. Your profile (optional): We welcome more details about
yourself, such as your age, marital status, family members,
occupation and a brief description of your expertise/interests
(maximum of three).
14. Your profile, address and telephone number will be kept
confidential and will not be released without your consent.
The Straits Times